Monday, August 24, 2015

My Travels (or lack thereof)

I want to give a quick autobiography of myself before I go in-depth of my travels.  My name is Alan.  I am majoring in Business/IT here at Middle Georgia State University.  I've been living in Warner Robins ever since I was four years old.


I was born raised for the first four years of my life in Tucson, Arizona (toward the southern border of the state near Mexico).  Sometime during that summer, we ended up moving from Tucson to Warner Robins over the course of a few days by driving the whole distance with a few breaks in between.  I honestly remember very little from the whole experience, which is a shame in the grand scheme of my travels.  Other than that lengthy cross country trip, my feet have been firmly planted in Warner Robins except for an occasional trip to Florida to visit family.  My travel has been limited, at least when it comes to school trips for band or an honors classed in middle school, due to my severe peanut allergy I have had since I was two years old.  Since my allergy is much more manageable as a responsible adult (and, in my opinion, has also gotten less severe), taking trips will be much easier and more of something i would like to do.  Hearing about trips from friends who went on them throughout school has motivated me to travel more once I'm a little older and have more time on my hands.             

6 comments:

  1. You say your travel has been limited, but I think it's awesome that you've been all the way to Arizona and back here. It must've been a tough drive and I can't imagine how different Warner Robins must be compared to Tucson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, i just wish i remembered more of it. I only have really sparse memories of my dog (the only time i had a pet) and the heat (and some weird dream that may or may not have happened about heading to the hospital because of my allergy that we didn't know about yet). Sadly one of my more vivid first memories was the apartments we stayed at before we moved into our current house.

      Delete
  2. Tucson is awesome! My family traveled all throughout Arizona one year and we absolutely love it! The temperature feels great albeit it's still hot but without the humidity that we have here. The landscape is beautiful and the sunsets are to die for. Always jump on the chance to travel places you've never been before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome! I wish i was a little older to be able to remember more stuff like that. I do kind of remember the heat because you can't really live in Arizona and forget that.

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Another band kid haha! I've never visited Arizona personally, but from what I hear and the pictures i've seen, it looks like a pretty neat place. My parents have visited the Grand Canyon there, I would like to see it personally whenever I get the chance to do so. Good luck on your future travels, and don't let anything hold you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you march? I would've probably remembered you if you went to HoCo. Funny thing is the only time i was at the Grand canyon was when my mother was pregnant with me. I wish I would've been able to see it/experience its majesty in person.

      Delete