Saturday, August 29, 2015
Kim, Matt, Amber and I's Creation Story
I think it's safe to say my group took a decent amount of influence (with our own twists) from the Aborigine's (Australian) creation story that was apart of our reading last week. We decided to use two deities, which we thought was fairly different since most creation stories/religions in general that we knew about revolved around one god or many gods. I'm pretty sure we are going along the path that our first god (a male) ends up creating the second god (a female) with stuff happening in between (not wanting to give too much away). After researching a little bit, it seems like there are a few other creation stories (specifically from Egypt and Mesopotamia in this link http://historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistoriesResponsive.asp?historyid=ab83 ) that involve two deities at the start. How ours differ from these seem to be that here is less/no conflict with our gods while their gods have a lot of conflict between them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment