Sunday, September 6, 2015

My view on Eroticism

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of eroticism. I think at face value people might view eroticism or an erotic nature as something it's not because they might not know their own definition of the word or what it means to be erotic from their point of view. I'd assume as relationships develop and people start to explore everything (like life: spiritually, mentally, physically, sexually, etc), their views on the subject change. It seems to all be about preference and what one person thinks and gives them pleasure in an erotic sense. Erotic pleasures seem to be able to have some link if a person has a particular fetish for something (if a fetish exists for that specific person, not assuming or saying everyone has a fetish for something). It can seem weird from a person who doesn't think that particular thing/action is erotic (example: I don't understand how people get sexually aroused by pain [whips, choking, etc]). In the end, it's all about the individual to find their own definition of erotic and what gives them erotic pleasure, whether or not other people have a similar sensation from it (I don't think anyone can ever get the exact same feeling from something like that). 


1 comment:

  1. I think your discussion was very interesting. I don't see how people can be aroused by pain either. Sometimes I think that it would be better to focus more on romance then on eroticism. However, experience and change can also be good for people. I think people like it is so much because it is a universal experience.

    ReplyDelete