Thursday, September 17, 2015

New look on creation stories

Since completing and watching the presentations of my fellow classmates, I have been thinking about creation stories differently.  Any thoughts I had about creation stories from past education lead me to believe them to be strictly stories or oral reports that detail the origin of everything from a certain culture's view. Now, in a more modern age with more media choices to express ourselves, we have more variety in how we tell our stories. Whether it was creativity in the way it was said (rap song/animated/PowerPoint) or the content (using the teacher as the creator or not necessarily starting from relatively nothing to create), there was a lot of creativity from the presentations. But at its core, the aspects and features of the creation stories were the same. Just that one similarity links the creation stories we've read about to the ones we created ourselves. I'd assume in hundreds of years that the people of those generations will have even more ways to get the point of their beliefs on creations across to the masses. 

2 comments:

  1. Each time a new group presented their creation story, I learned something new. A lot of the stuff I thought about creation stories have changed since watching everyone present. I like that we can do something interesting and creative, instead of just having to do a basic PowerPoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete