Saturday, October 31, 2015
Dante's concept of Hell
I overall thin Dante's concept of Hell is original, but I think it would be fairly different in a few key features. First off, i think Hell would be structured very differently than how Dante's journey takes place. I believe Hell would be in a constant state of anarchy and chaos since, well, its Hell. Nothing about Hell screams order or any sort of state where sinners are segregated per whatever their worst sin committed was. The 9 circles make sense for the story, having to go through gradually harder places to find yourself, but for a "realistic" Hell, its kind of weird. Also, I figured punishments would be more indicative of a individuals personal "Hell" instead of a punishment per whatever the sin was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
While I agree with you that I imagine Hell would be more chaotic. However if you consider it based on Dante's version that most everyone goes to Hell it makes since. The levels are to separate punishment if you were to take a serial killer and a hypocrite and give them the same punishment you wouldn't be matching the crime to the punishment.
ReplyDeleteI am so much hoping that I never have the opportunity to find out what Hell is like!
ReplyDelete